Sale of The Threshing Barn, Asterton, Shropshire
1) Why did we choose Samuel Wood? The only estate agent in Shropshire with fully virtual video walkaround of our property as part of the sale.
2) Initial contact with us for property valuation: a) Director visited, b) well prepared with good market knowledge, c) realistic valuation, d) proactive advice to prepare for a quick sale
3) Photo and Video shoot for property sale details: Samuel Woods nominated photographer and virtual tour video maker delivered beyond our expectations.
4) Putting together Property details: a) collaborative process resulting in market leading property details to advertise, b) access to London based office
5) Contact of prospective buyers: proactively identified a number of current clients who accurately fitted the profile of buyers for our property, not buyers who wasted everyone's time.
6) Viewings process: Samuel Wood nominated viewings colleague lived in the area with local knowledge to help with prospective buyers queries, and he met with us to discuss the viewing process of our property before viewings commenced, and gave us feedback directly post all viewings.
7) Sales negotiation: a) skilled negotiation to achieve maximum return for us, b) gave genuinely realistic advice throughout negotiations, c) difficult elements of negotiation were professionally handled to achieve win:win for both parties
8) Getting the sale over the line: Didn't wait for things to take their natural course, but applied the right kind of pressure to all parties to achieve exchange and completion of the sale in a very short timescale
Overall: In 40 years of buying and selling property throughout the country, we have never dealt with an estate agent who was as proactive, worked so constantly and closely with us keeping us up to date on all aspects of the process . We would highly recommend
By Stasha on 10/01/2021
Pleasure to do business
Excellent from meeting at the house to final exchange. Very pleasant and thorough.
By Brenda Moss on 8/01/2021
I have just sold my house in Ludlow using Samuel Wood. What Andrew doesn't know about the Shropshire market isn't worth knowing. Felt in safe hands throughout the process. The team are first-rate, always responsive, timely and helpful. Unlike many agents, they nurture the sale subtly, so you never feel that the sale itself has become more important than you, the customer. Nothing but praise and thanks from me!
By Lyndon on 23/12/2020
Really excellent service from Samuel Wood, Jack was extremely helpful throughout the whole sale of my property I would definitely recommend using them.
By Callum on 15/12/2020
What a service!
Very professional service especially in the midst of a pandemic. Our house sold within 4 days of hitting the market. Couldn’t ask for a better estate agent and will definitely recommend and use again.
By Dawn on 12/12/2020
Thoroughly, reliably efficient and professional
An experienced, thoughtful team helped us through a sale which had its challenges! The brochure was by far the best of three we'd had over the years and the advice, from the two local offices, was prompt, well-informed and authoritative. Andrew, as the local manager, is responsible for the overall effectiveness but all the individual agents played their part in helping us sell. Two national firms we had tried both fell far short of Woods, not just because of 'local knowledge' (everyone claims to have that) but for commitment and effort.
By EMB on 17/11/2020
Quite simply the best service we could have wished for
Throughout what turned out to be a very trying sale (caused by the various problems encountered and, to an extent caused by our buyers) Linda at Samuel Wood was outstanding. She kept us informed, advised us when we were unsure how to deal with our very slow (and often uncommunicative) buyers and steered us into the safe waters of completion whilst remaining calm and upbeat at all times. We just couldn't have hoped for a better guide through the process.
By Peter Ryder on 17/11/2020
Sue Dean was our main point of contact and she was always super helpful, friendly and efficient...
I'd like to thank Sue in particular for always being accessible and helpful to us whenever we needed any help or information. She has a really lovely nature and excellent people skills & knowledge. She helped to make the whole conveyancing processes that little bit less stressful. I'm looking forward to eventually being able to put a face to the name and to thank her in person.
By Lesley McKillop on 26/10/2020
Buying a new house
Would not go to anyone else will always go to samuel woods
By Gareth Jones on 24/10/2020
Professional and Efficient
Purchasing a house from a distance for one's father could be quite a tricky business but with Samuel Wood's helpful calm and professional help the stress was eased enormously - I, along with my Father will be forever grateful - Thank-you
By Pamella on 23/10/2020