How to view a property safely
TV personality and property expert Phil Spencer has created a Youtube video on understanding the rules of how to view a property safely.
Now that lockdown is easing, safety is still paramount in most industries and ours is no different.
Phil Spencer started Move iQ so that he could share his years of experience, knowledge, and advice with/for anyone buying or renting; selling or owning property in the UK.
He believes that everyone should have access to impartial unbiased advice, giving them all they need to make well-informed decisions.
In his latest Youtube video in association with NAEA Propertymark, of which Samuel would is a proud member, he has outlined the ways we can move forward safely with house viewings.
As public health and government guidelines still need to be followed, it's essential that we have to stay abreast of the rules and follow them for all viewings, both sales and lettings.
The main points are:
1) Take a virtual tour and check out the photos and plans properly before you arrange a view.
2) As is stands, social distancing still needs to be adhered to, as well as the wearing of facemasks.
3) Where possible, leave your children and pets at home to keep viewing numbers to a minimum.
4) The vendor should wait outside while the estate agent shows you around, or vice versa.
5) Masks should still be worn inside by the agent and the clients.
6)Viewings should only take place with proceedable buyers - this isn't the agent being awkward, these are the current guidelines.
7) Washing and sanitise hands before and after and all surfaces should be cleaned before and after viewings.
Cooperation all round is essential to make sure viewings can take place safely. You can view the full video here.